Henna (Herbal Powder)
Henna –Benefits unlimited
- It is a pure and natural product, free from chemical ingredients.
- Dispels heart, cures neurosis and has a soothing effects .
- Harmless to body system and causes no skin irritation
- Gives body, texture and shine to hair
- A good hair conditioner, it leaves hair soft and healthy
- Effectively combats dandruff
- Strengthens hair
- Acts as an anti-fungal
- Slightly loosens the curl pattern
Preparing & applying Suryamukhi’s Herbal henna powder
- Massage hair with herbal hair oil the previous night or 1 hour before.
- Put on some old clothing and drape and old towel around your shoulders wear plastic gloves to prevent hands from staining apply Vaseline, almond oil, petroleum jelly or any oily cream to your forehead, around the hairline and the ears, to prevent the staining of skin.
- Soak contents of pack in tea decoction for 10 hours mix into smooth paste with 1 full egg, a big spoonful of curd and juice of a lemon.
- Make sure hair is dry and then divide it into sections. Apply the paste starting from the bottom layers of the hair and slowly work your way up. Make sure the paste is applied evenly and all the hair is covered. Use a wide-toothed comb to spread the henna through your hair.
Your hair does not need any special preparation before henna application. Do not pre-wash hair as the natural oils helps in excellent colouring.
- Wear a shower cap and wait. The duration depends mainly on your natural hair color. If your hair is dark, you need to wait for ½ - 1 hour, but if your hair is lighter, it can take up to 2-6 hour (for initial 3 applications). For maintenance,1-2 hours will suffice.
- Wash hair with plenty of lukewarm water thoroughly so that no products remains in the hair.
To avoid dryness and brittleness:
- Mix 1 teaspoon of shampoo +1/2 teaspoon of til oil. Blend well till it lathers. Add half a cup water wash hair with the solutions, Keep for 3 minutes and then rinse with plain water.
- After rinsing, condition hair with moisturizer and then wear hair shower cap leave on for 5 minutes and then rinse.
Leave in conditioner can also be applied after rinsing when the hair is still wet or moist.